Summer Tan Fading?~ Tinted Tonics (creams & powders)
The sun-kissed glow of a summer tan is attractive. I hate to lose it as we tiptoe into the colder months, where the sun hides its smile and our skin lightens a shade (or 3)! If you are like me, you do not like the heaviness of many foundations. So, I steer clear of that option for my skin. I like a natural, light, minimal make-up look. In the winter, I use mineral/antioxidant-infused tinted creams & powders on my face to hold onto that sunny glow! Here is a quick post on the ones I've had a pleasant experience with, using on my sensitive skin. * Note: My skin tans well, so the color tones I gravitate towards are the medium tints. You may be different, so be sure to color match your skin tone. Please read on for 3 suggested tinted facial moisturizers, their benefits, & cost:
1. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue: This formula has been my running favorite for the past year. The reason being, it has a light, gel-like cream consistency, which I am a fan of. I appreciate any moisturizer that is light like air on my sensitive skin. It hydrates well and mixes effortlessly with my vitamin C serums. I use the ginger tint.
Average cost $32. Find at: https://bit.ly/2n8s4Xw
- Clean mineral pigments
- Marine botanicals
- Plant-derived squalane
- Energizing mineral electrolytes
- Non-chemical mineral-based sunscreen
- Free of: Parabens, Phthalates, Fragrance, Chemical sunscreens, Sodium lauryl- sulfate, Mineral oil, Triclosan, Formaldehyde, Talc, Gluten, Animal-derived ingredients
2. Burt's Bees Tinted Moisturizer: If you are looking for something with naturally derived ingredients, but less on the price scale, this moisturizer is a safe bet! I have tried both the BB cream and their new line of Goodness Glows, and both are wonderful. There is a fun tool on their website that helps you match your skin tone with the best moisturizer tint! https://www.burtsbees.com/tintedmoisturizerfinder
I like the honey tint. Average cost $11.99. Find here: https://www.burtsbees.com/product/goodness-glows-tinted-moisturizer/792850907133.html
- Lightweight, non-greasy, sheer coverage
- Made with green tea and packed with vitamins and antioxidants
- Lighter-than-foundation coverage that hydrates and protects
- 98.8% Natural Origin
3. Color Science
Even in the winter, we need to protect our skin from UV rays. This company has a smart, beauty supportive way to do that through an all-powerful, all-mineral skin shield that provides complete protection in one convenient, on-the-go application—alone or over makeup. https://www.tkqlhce.com/click-8855512-14048899
Water resistant (up to 80 minutes)
Comes in 4 shades for best skin-matching
Easy to use (powder is in the applicator brush)!
What tinted moisturizer or powder do you find nourishing to your skin in the winter months?
#skin #cream #moisturize #tinted #makeup #tan #glow #nourish #SPF