Updated: Oct 15, 2019
Resveratrol is an antioxidant and a mega potent one at that! It is often toted as an ingredient within anti-aging elixirs on the market! Research reveals that dark grapes are the most concentrated source of this antioxidant, therefore, consuming red wines will provide us with the advantages of resveratrol.
If you are not a wine lover (like myself), there are certainly other foods and supplements you can consume to obtain the lovely properties of resveratrol. Here are a few:
Foods: Dark Cocoa, Black Currant fruit, Grapes from skin to seed, & Plum fruit.
Dr. Mercola's Purple Defense- 90 caps/ $48 at Vitacost.com http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-8855512-13453131?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitacost.com%2Fdr-mercola-purple-defense-90-capsules-1%3Fcsrc%3DGPF-813006011334&cjsku=813006011334
Benefits of Purple Defense:
> Contains polyphenol flavonoids to assist in...
> Improved memory and concentration
> Boost the effectiveness of vitamin C
> Help promote your healthy heart
> Bolster your immune system
* If you do appreciate wine, stick with me as I list 3 affordable red wines that you can often find at our dinner table:
- A blend of Carignane, Merlot, and Syrah grapes.
- California-grown red wine with a focus on Organic Agriculturist (check out Frey's website to read about their biodynamic mission www.freywine.com).
- This is a food-friendly wine, easy to pair with!
2. Live a Little Red Organic (Stellar Winery)
- The color of this wine is a deep ruby red. You can almost see the resveratrol :-)
- South African wine with a low price point but a big taste!
- Sold at WineLibrary.com for $7.99 (usually)
3. The Dreaming Tree Crush
- This is a juicy red from the north coast of California.
- Grape varieties of Merlot, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, and Tannat.
- Sold at WineLibrary.com for $12.09. https://winelibrary.com/wines/merlot/2016-the-dreaming-tree-crush-109163
What is your delicious source of resveratrol in your diet? Do share!