Immunity Defense~ Part 2
Updated: Nov 2, 2019
In Part 2 we will focus on 5 supplements to help bolster immunity, and I will list out my Onion Honey Cough Syrup recipe! Sounds funky, but I swear, it is a helpful, sweet tonic.
★ 5 SUGGESTED SUPPLEMENTS (Tea, capsule, powder, tincture):
1. Echinacea- Effective against blood poisons, infections, cold & flu, bacteria, and also helps to boost T cells/white blood cell counts.
Extract form: https://bit.ly/2MT6H5E
2. Elderberry- Native American cultures have long valued elderberry for their immune-stimulating properties, using the berry in many tonics. These tasty little chews are infused with elderberry extract, echinacea, zinc, and vitamin C: https://bit.ly/31hjuDP
3. Vitamin C- Supports the immune system and promotes the ridding of invaders, specifically viral. Vitamin Code Raw Vitamin C is always in my 'winter medicine cabinet':
4. Olive Leaf- Fights kidney and bladder infections. Also a blood purifier and heart protector. Gaia has a fantastic olive leaf supplement: https://bit.ly/2pufRNW
5. Probiotic- A quality 50 Billion count can be a shield of protection for a weak immune system. Antibiotics can deplete healthy probiotic presence and production in the human gut, which we actually need to thrive. Though pricey, Dr. Mercola's 70 billion count probiotic is premium! https://bit.ly/33G6zgC
Onion Honey Syrup
* Soothing to coughs and sore throats.
* Potent to help break up congestion in the lungs.
* NO artificial ingredients such as found in commercial syrups.
* Onion, ginger, and honey are natural anti-bacterial (anti-biotic).
1 small finely chopped onion
1 cup of dark honey (raw and/or Manuka is ideal)
1 large slice of dried ginger root (or crystalized ginger)
- Place onion and ginger in 8 or 12 oz. glass jar.
- Pour 1 cup of honey over the onion and ginger- cover the jar.
- Let sit overnight. Stir in the morning.
- Take syrup as is (by the teaspoon) OR swirl 1 tsp. in hot water with a splash of lemon.
- Stir the syrup prior to each use.
- It is not necessary to eat the onions or ginger, but you can! The onion and ginger properties will infuse into the honey.
*NOTE- Honey is NOT recommended for children under the age of 2.
If in doubt, check with your physician & pharmacist.
* You can find some of the ingredients at: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-8855512-13830373
What supplements do you have on hand to strengthen your immune system???
Disclaimer: This is for your educational purposes only, and not intended to diagnose or treat any health conditions. Please contact your primary healthcare provider for healthcare & info.