Updated: Nov 2, 2019
When early October arrives in Maine, I begin stocking our medicinal arsenal with vitamin C, echinacea tea, elderberry extract, zinc, and vitamin D3. Working in medical centers and with my own practice clients, germs are swirling around constantly! It is my goal year round (but more so in the winter) to strengthen and fortify mine and my family's immune systems. Most of us have had annoying colds and congestion, mean respiratory infections, and the grueling flu. These are all effectively combatable. However, auto-immune diseases are another story.
"The immune system protects the body from possibly harmful substances by recognizing and responding to antigens. Antigens are substances (usually proteins) on the surface of cells, viruses, fungi, or bacteria. Nonliving substances such as toxins, chemicals, drugs, and foreign particles (such as a splinter) can also be antigens. The immune system recognizes and destroys, or tries to destroy, substances that contain antigens." (https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000821.htm)
★ POSSIBLE ROOT CAUSES:
* When the immune system cannot defend the body from these causes, it will essentially attack itself. From that, various auto-immune diseases can result...
Immune System Disorders/Auto Immune Conditions (examples):
Chronic Pneumonia or Bronchitis, Mono, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Chronic Infections, Hashimoto's, and nearly any condition the body attacks itself versus heals itself.
★ POSSIBLE SPIRITUAL ROOTS TO AUTO-IMMUNE CONDITIONS:
- Self rejection/Self hatred
★5 SUGGESTED NOURISHMENT/DIET SUPER FOODS FOR IMMUNE SUPPORT:
1. Garlic & Onions - The sulfur in these foods are effective at defeating phenomena, meningitis, ear infection, salmonella, skin infection, tuberculosis, and UTIs. If I feel an ill coming on, I often make a stir-fry with fresh garlic and onions in it. Both were highly valued by Egyptians for nourishment. “We remember the fish we ate in Egypt...and cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic." ~ Numbers 11:5
Check out Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract: https://bit.ly/32maAX9
2. Honey- A throat soother. The enzymes in honey break down bad bacteria, helping to rid risk of infection. It also heals wounds and skin infections. Best to consume raw honey, Manuka, or local honey being optimal choices. https://www.naturenates.com/
“Pleasant words are as honey, sweet to the soul and health to the body.”
~Proverbs 16: 24
3. Ginger- Ginger is a thermogenic herb. It can create heat and purge toxins from the body. Ginger stimulates digestion which can assist in purging unhealthy bacteria such as E. Coli and salmonella. It also helps to fight strep throat. Add this root to your tea, along with honey. https://gingerpeople.com/
4. Probiotics- Restores healthy gut flora. Helpful for digestion and immunity. Probiotics are critical to take during and after an antibiotic prescription! Sources: Kefir, Sauerkraut and other fermented vegetables, mushrooms, organic yogurt. Garden of Life has high quality probiotics. I prefer the one a day Ultra: https://bit.ly/2ORFAuc
5. Grapefruit- Fights strep, staph, salmonella, e-coli, influenza, parasites, herpes, and fungi. Grapefruit seed is a potent antibacterial extract. It is also very helpful to kill nail fungus. Nutribiotic's Defense is a max strength blend with potent grapefruit seed extract: https://bit.ly/2OUvYiq
How do you fortify your immune system???
Disclaimer: This is for your educational purposes only, and not intended to diagnose or treat any health conditions. Please contact your primary healthcare provider for healthcare & info.