Updated: Jun 15
Need a last minute gift idea? If the person in mind appreciate wine, this may be just the ticket! Creating a beautiful holiday basket with wine and healthy snacks may be the perfect gift to give! Not only will you be providing them a tasty tonic, but you will be giving them the gift of health! Let me explain...
Resveratrol is an antioxidant and a mega potent one at that! It is often toted as an ingredient within anti-aging elixirs on the market! Research reveals that dark grapes are the most concentrated source of this antioxidant (versus the white grapes), therefore, consuming red wines will provide us with the advantages of resveratrol.
Resveratrol can protect our hearts by helping to reduce cholesterol levels, including the LDL (bad cholesterol). Studies show that resveratrol improves circulation, promoting blood flow in the brain which helps protect against both vascular dementia and stroke. To learn more about how this powerful antioxidant can hug your heart and health with good things, check out: https://healthyfocus.org/resveratrol-benefits/
* If you do appreciate wine, stick with me as I list 4 affordable red wines pick that you can often find at our dinner table:
- A blend of Carignane, Merlot, and Syrah grapes.
- California-grown red wine with a focus on Organic Agriculturist (check out Frey's website to read about their biodynamic mission www.freywine.com).
- This is a food-friendly wine, easy to pair with!
2. Live a Little Red Organic (Stellar Winery)
- The color of this wine is a deep ruby red. You can almost see the resveratrol :-)
- South African wine with a low price point but a big taste!
- Sold at WineLibrary.com for $7.99 (usually)
3. The Dreaming Tree Crush
- This is a juicy red from the north coast of California.
- Grape varieties of Merlot, Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, and Tannat.
4. Old Soul Vineyards Zinfandel 2019
- The Old Souls’ deep roots allow their grapes to ripen more evenly, and the juice has a more intense, concentrated, complex flavor.
- Check your local wine shop. Price point $16.
If you are not a wine lover, there are certainly other foods and supplements you can consume to obtain the lovely properties of resveratrol. Here are a few:
Foods: Dark Cocoa, Black Currant fruit, Grapes (dark), Pine Bark, & Plum fruit.
Vitacost ROOT2 Pycnogenol Pine Bark Extract 100 mg - 30 Capsules https://bit.ly/3HtM9wq
Dr. Mercola's Purple Defense- 90 caps/ $48 at Vitacost.com http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-8855512-13453131
Benefits of Purple Defense:
> Contains polyphenol flavonoids to assist in...
> Improved memory and concentration
> Boost the effectiveness of vitamin C
> Help promote your healthy heart
> Bolster your immune system
* Need an effective wine stain remover remedy? https://www.etsy.com/listing/582751469/wine-stain-remover-recipe-aphrodisiacs
What is your delicious source of resveratrol in your diet? Do share!
Cheers to your Holidays!
➽Disclaimer: This information is intended for educational purposes only, and NOT intended as medical health care claims, cures, or therapies. Please consult with your doctor/specialist if you have any health concerns or questions about herbal medicine.
Note: Affiliate links are included in this blog post in which we may receive a commission.