Anti-Cancer Rules~ Part 3
Updated: Oct 16, 2019
Here is our final post on Anti-Cancer Rules. I am fully aware that we could go on for hundreds of posts containing solid research as well as personal claims to combating the dreaded condition of cancer. That is why I invite you to not let the conversation end here. Please enlighten us on how you view cancer and how you take a stand against its unwelcome presence. Now, let's take a look at some of the "Top Anti-Cancer Foods". This list is based on the resources I've added at the end of this post.
* This list is certainly not all inclusive. New research is released and sciences' findings evolve. * Some of these sources may need to be consumed in supplement form. * Consult with your health care provider before beginning any new health regimen.
Top Anti-Cancer Foods
* Berries, especially blueberries and Goji berries
* Black pepper (ground)
* Broccoli sprouts
* Brazil Nuts
* Chili peppers
* Flax seed
* Fish: sardines, mackerel, cod, krill, & wild salmon
* Grapes (dark colored)
* Lemons- Try drinking 50 oz. of water daily with a fresh squeezed lemon in it.
* Lycopene - A powerful antioxidant effective against prostate cancer. Top Lycopene sources: Tomatoes, pink grapefruit, and watermelon.
* Medicinal mushrooms (chaga, shiitake, turkey tail, reishi, cordyceps)
* Onions & shallots
* Organic green tea
* Pure dark cocoa (70% cocoa)
* Pancreatic Enzymes- Enzymes can support the organs, as well as breaking down toxins that may contributing to cellular mutation. These specific enzymes assist in supporting the healing of cancer of the pancreas.
* Siberian Ginseng
* Turmeric (absorbs best with black pepper)
* Blood Cleansing & Immune Protective Herbs- Astralagus, Blessed Milk Thistle, Bitter Orange, Boswellia, Burdock, Cinnamon, Clove, Chicory root (roast for a coffee-like taste), Dandelion root, Echinacea, Goldenseal, Oregano, Sarsaparilla, Slippery Elm, Hyssop, Red Clover, Neem, Nettle, Yarrow, Yellow Dock Root.
* Essiac Tea/Powder- Discovered in 1922, when a patient spoke to Nurse Rene Caisse of a Canadian Ojibwa Indian herbal tea she took for cancer. Formulated with Burdock, Indian Rhubarb, Sheep Sorrel, Slippery Elm. https://www.essiacproducts.com/
A note about the ORAC Scale:
The ORAC Scale stands for: Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity. It basically translates the ORAC value of the capacity of antioxidants that a certain substance (mainly foods) contains. The foods listed above are all on this scale, measuring in average between 3,000 and 5,000 ORAC units. This method was developed by scientists of the National Institute of Health and Aging (NIH). For more info. this article may be helpful: https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/vitamins/orac-scoring-antioxidants/
David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., Ph.D. is the author of Anticancer, ‘A New Way of Life’
Dr. Axe, Dr. of Natural Medicine https://draxe.com
Jordan Rubin, N.D. Author of “Patient Heal Thyself” https://www.christianbook.com/remarkable-program-combining-ancient-groundbreaking-clinical/jordan-rubin/9780768443523/pd/443523
Do you have a superfood that you feels equips your body to defend or heal from the threats of cancer? Would love to hear from you!
Disclaimer: This is for your educational purposes only, and not intended to diagnose or treat any health conditions. Please contact your primary care provider for healthcare & info.