Anti-Cancer Rules~ Part 1
Updated: Oct 16, 2019
Cancer is a mutation of cells (a basic description). These lifestyle and food 'rules’ can help protect our cells against damage and mutations, and therefore, protect against various forms of cancer.
NON FOOD RULES (Lifestyle)
1. Get physical: Make time to exercise, be it walking, lifting weights, dancing or running. Aim for 20-30 minutes of physical activity at least 5 days a week. This can be as easy as walking around your block every day. Choose an activity you enjoy; if you're having fun, you're more likely to stick with it. Mix it up. I love yoga, HIIT, and hiking!
2. Let the sun shine in: There are varied opinions on this subject. This is mine (based on research). You do what you feel is wisest and safest for you. However, the sun is a friend of mine. I believe getting at least 20 minutes of daily sun exposure without sunscreen, preferably at noon in the summer (but take care to avoid sunburns) does wonders. This will boost your body's natural production of Vitamin D, as well as serotonin (happy hormone). For those who do not do well with UV exposure, as an alternative: discuss the option of a Vitamin D3 supplement with your doctor.
3. Banish chemicals: Avoid exposure to common household contaminants; air out your dry-cleaning for two hours before storing or wearing it; use organic cleaning products; don't heat liquids or food in plastics; avoid cosmetics with parabens and phthalates; don't use chemical pesticides in your garden; replace scratched Teflon pans; filter your tap water if you live in a contaminated area (or used bottled spring water); don't keep your cell phone close to you when it is turned on (they can give off harmful electrical impedance). Note: Anti perspirants can clog pores and lymph channels in the arm pit area, causing toxic debris build up, which can encourage breast cancer cell growth. I use essential oil based and crystal deo: http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-8855512-13453131?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vitacost.com%2Fcrystal-essence-mineral-deodorant-roll-on-chamomile-and-green-tea%3Fcsrc%3DGPF-086449316612&cjsku=086449316612
4. Reach out (and touch someone!): Reach out to at least 2 friends for support (logistical and emotional) during times of stress. Soothing, nurturing, safe types of touch can release endorphins which boosts mood and even immunity strength.
5. Remember to breathe: Learn a basic breathing relaxation technique to let out some steam whenever you start to feel stressed. Inhale deep through the the nose, and exhale fully through the mouth is an effective start to deep breathing. This decreases the heart rate and lowers the output of stress hormones.
6. Give: Find out how you can best give something back to your local community. Giving can grant us a sense of contribution and purpose.
7. Cultivate happiness like a garden: Make sure you do one thing you love for yourself on most days (it doesn't have to take long). It could be your favorite cup of tea, a moment to email a friend, read a book, indulge in dark chocolate or a glass of wine (or both!), garden, buy flowers, or listen (and sing loud) to your current favorite song!
8. Natural defense: Pure essential oils can support cellular function, and act as an anti carcinogen, defending and repairing cells. The top researched oils with these effects are: frankincense, myrrh, thyme (red & white), spikenard, carrot (especially for skin cancer), and sandalwood. Check out: https://anandaessentialoils.com
David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., Ph.D. is the author of Anticancer, ‘A New Way of Life’
Dr. Axe, Dr. of Natural Medicine Dr.Axe.com
Jordan Rubin, N.D. Author of “Patient Heal Thyself”
Do you have a cancer journey to share, with natural interventions, heart, & hope?
Please do! Your life experiences matter!
Disclaimer: This is for your educational purposes only, and not intended to diagnose or treat any health conditions. Please contact your primary care provider for healthcare & info.