10 Reasons to Exercise & Stay Fit
Updated: Feb 11, 2020
I am sure you are thinking, "Bla, bla, bla. I already know exercising is good for me." We all have at least one person in our circle who loves to exercise. They are likely sporty, fit, and full of energy. They may not be the friend you call up when you want to go out for ice cream, versus a jog! Then, there are the non-exercise lovers. This person either A. Refuses to engage in regular physical activity. Or B: They only exercise because they have to. It takes a distinct effort to set their minds each time they exercise because their possible body aches and 'anti-workout personality' says, "You can do it another day."
I realize it takes major motivation for routine exercise. So let me get to the point, and share with you some important reasons to not only move your body, but consider it a good dose of daily medicine: EXERCISE. 10 Reasons + inspiring food for thought:
1. Increases muscular strength (which in turn burns more calories)
2. Decreases anxiety & depression (releases endorphins)
3. Reduces risk of heart attack & stroke (increases circulation, moving arterial plaque)
4. Boosts confidence (if you look better, you feel better)
5. Stimulates lymphatic system (a gentle detox process)
6. Can improve balance and flexibility (which helps prevent fall & injury)
7. Increases circulation (helps diabetic issues, specifically with neuropathy)
8. Supports the immune system (you will likely be sick less)
9. Keeps joints active (synovial fluid), calming inflammation and arthritis
10. It makes you feel energized and possibly younger (supports mitochondria- the powerhouses of our cells)
Yes, you certainly can go to a gym, or you can create space at home to workout!
Power Systems Fitness Bench https://amzn.to/2uE6WMv
Extra Thick Non-Slip, Reversible Yoga Mat https://amzn.to/2HkWGLP
BowFlex Adjustable Dumbells https://amzn.to/38fdhN4
RipCord Resistance Bands, Set of 7 (these are my favorite resistance bands to use!) https://amzn.to/2uCGqTS
Go Fit Kettlebell with training DVD (various weights) https://amzn.to/31PuGtw
Food For Thought:
“If you think wellness is expensive, try chronic illness.”
“Would you rather pay for real, organic, wholesome foods OR medical bills and medications?”
"It's not about being skinny, it's about being functional and well."
"You don't need to be a bodybuilder or a marathon runner. You can simply take on an active lifestyle- gardening, cleaning, taking stairs, nature walks, home projects... whatever gets your heart rate up and makes your muscles move!"
“If you do not take care of your body, where will you live?”
“If you do not care for yourself, you cannot optimally care for others.”
"Look at moving as medicine."
“Be YOUR BEST, not someone else’s.”
Share your food for thoughts when it comes to fitness inspiration!